The Fossil Hybrid smartwatch comes with an e-ink display and button navigation. While the user interface is simple, it lacks important options like resetting the watch. In this article, let us look at the step-by-step guide to factory reset your Fossil Hybrid smartwatch to connect it to a new phone or delete all data on the watch.
Related | 5 Best Smart Rings to Buy in 2022
How to Factory Reset Fossil Hybrid Smartwatch
You may want to reset your smartwatch for several reasons, be it switching to a new phone, trying to fix battery or other issues on the watch, or deleting all the local data on the watch to start afresh or sell it to someone. Unfortunately, the Fossil Hybrid smartwatch does not have a reset option in settings.
The Fossil smartwatches app, too, does not have any such option. Well, fret not, as it’s still a piece of cake to reset the Fossil hybrid series. Here’s how it works:
Steps to Remove or Unpair Watch from Fossil App
If you just want to remove the watch from your phone and pair it again with the device, you can do so without resetting it. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open the Fossil Smartwatches app on your phone.
Step 2: Click the Watch icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: Scroll down and tap Remove Watch.
Step 4: Click Remove again to disconnect the watch from the app.
Steps to Reset the Fossil Hybrid Watch
Step 1: Pick up your Fossil Hybrid and make sure all important data is synced to the app before you reset it.
Step 2: Now, press and hold the Middle button on the watch.
Step 3: Wait, and you’ll see the “resetting the watch” screen. Keep holding the button.
That’s it. The Fossil Hybrid smartwatch will reset itself to factory data settings within seconds. For those unaware, here’s what resetting does:
- Unpairs the watch with your phone.
- Deletes all local unsynced data.
- Resets all the settings to their defaults.
- Remove the Fossil HR Bluetooth connection from your phone.
Unable to Pair Fossil Hybrid Smartwatch?
You can now easily re-pair the smartwatch with your phone. However, check the troubleshooting steps below if you cannot pair it again.
- Disconnect and remove the watch from Bluetooth settings on your phone.
- Reset the watch using the given steps. Then, put the watch on a charger. And press the Middle button again until the watch buzzes and resets.
- Keep the watch close to your iPhone or Android phone when pairing.
- On Android, go to Settings > Apps > Show System Apps and clear data for Bluetooth.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Fossil smartwatches app.
- Do not close the Fossil app when pairing. Add it to the memory whitelist to prevent it from being killed in the background.
This was a quick guide to unpair and reset the Fossil Hybrid smartwatch. If you have a Fossil smartwatch and are planning to sell it or give it to someone, make sure to factory reset its data. Stay tuned to WearablesToUse for more such tips, tricks, and how-tos.