Most premium smartwatches by Samsung, Fossil, and other brands come with Google’s Wear OS. Wear OS makes the smartwatch function like a smartphone by allowing to install and run apps. If you own an Android smartwatch, here are some of the best Wear OS apps you must download and try in 2022.
Best Productivity Apps for Wear OS
These are the apps that let you do your daily tasks directly from your wrist without using your smartphone. These apps will improve your productivity with daily tasks like taking notes, reminders, etc.
Google Keep lets you write and save important notes with titles and descriptions. Apart from saving text notes, it also allows adding images, recording voice memos, sharing notes with others.
After saving any note, it will be synced to your Google account, and you can access it anytime on your phone, laptop, tablet, or watch.
- Add notes, lists and photos to Google Keep
- Share your Keep notes with others
- Add colors and lables to your notes to easily find them
- Quick sync with Google account
- Accessible on all Android platforms – phones, tablets, laptops and smartwatches
- Set location based reminders on notes
Check Here: Google Keep- Notes and Lists
Multi Calculator is not an ordinary calculator app. It is a complete solution for mathematical and financial calculation. It has a simple interface and is easy to use.
On Wear OS smartwatches, the app provides to features- Standard Calculator and Currency Converter. You can use the standard calculator for all mathematical calculations. In the Currency Converter, you can check updated rates of all currencies and convert one currency to another.
- Clean and Easy UI
- Standard Calculator and Currency Converter
- All calculator functions and maths operators
- Records history of last calculations
- Real-time currency exchange rates
- Use the currency converter offline
Check Here: Multi Calculator
Camera One app for Wear OS is a one-way solution to control and use your phone’s camera from your watch. It allows you to take photos from both the front and rear cameras of your phone.
You can also take videos, change sizes, zoom in/zoom out, set exposure, use filters, etc. Interestingly, you can also save copies of the photos on the watch. It can be quite useful while taking selfies and group photos, recording videos from a distance, using phone as a security camera control, and more.
- Switch Camera Front and Rear (Swipe Gesture)
- Take Photo and Video by turning the wrist
- Save image copies on the watch
- Works even when phone screen is off
- Different buttons layout styles
- Set timer of 2, 5 or 10 seconds
Check Here: Camera One: Wear OS
Ultimate Alexa is a universal voice assistant that uses Amazon Alexa voice service and can run on any Wear OS watch. You can use it to see weather forecasts, news headlines, Wikipedia, and much more.
The interesting thing about this app is that if your watch doesn’t have a microphone and speaker, it will use the connected phone to listen to your command.
- Works on all Wear OS watches
- Uses official Amazon Alexa service
- Make phone calls and send/read messages
- Thousands of third-party skills
- Works with watches without microphone through phone
Check Here: Ultimate Alexa – The Voice Assistant
Best Gaming Apps for Wear OS
At times, you may want to try games on your watch to kill the time. Here, we have listed some interesting games you can play on your Wear OS smartwatch.
PetQuest Virtual Pet
PetQuest Virtual Pet is a simulation game where you can own a virtual pet and take care of it. You can choose a dog, a cat, or a reptile as your virtual pet. Feed and play with your pet, and as it grows, new activities and games will be unlocked.
There are many mini-games available, and you can earn in-game resources by playing these games. It is a good and indulging game for everyone as your virtual pet also shares its feelings.
- Choose from 3 adorable virtual pets
- Take your pet to adventure and garden
- Play mini-games and earn game resources
- Track your pet’s care history in history graph
- Ad-free clean and functional design
- Minimal battery usage
Check Here: PetQuest Virtual Pet (Wear OS Games)
Infinity Loop is an exciting puzzle game available for Wear OS. It is a fun way to increase your logical skills. It’s just the game of connecting multiple things or intricate looping patterns with endless levels.
This game can be a stress buster for you as it is created to solve interesting levels in a simple and cleaner app design. You have to connect the loop pieces and complete the loop.
- Increase your logical skills
- Simple and clean design
- Infinite endless levels
- Save data in Google Play Games
- Free to play game
Check Here: Infinity Loop: Calm & Relaxing
The Combat Wear is an adventure role-playing game made for Wear OS and is a free-to-play game. It has a classic old RPG design which is very attractive and fun to play. Each hero character has different powerful abilities which are fully upgradable.
Build your game castle and construct a blacksmith to upgrade weapons and more. It has many random maps and campaign events to fight and save your kingdom.
- Classic Adventure RPG design
- Attractive in-game features
- Random maps and Campaign events
- Free to play
- Simple and easy to play
Check Here: Combat Wear Wear OS Watch RPG
Best Customization Apps for Wear OS
There are many customization options available for Android smartwatches. Using apps, one can modify and customize watch features and watch faces. Below are some of the best customization apps you can use on your Wear OS watch.
Wear Gesture Launcher
Using Wear Gesture Laiuncher, you can set up gestures like making letters for specific apps to open them. You can also launch your phone’s apps from your watch itself by setting up this feature in-app.
It comes preloaded with popular apps gestures, which you can customize yourself. Just create any letter on the lock screen, and it will open the assigned app.
- Set up Gestures to open apps
- Launch mobile apps from watch
- Vibration feedback support
- Free to use
- Simple and easy app UI
- Fully standalone app based on Android Wear 2.0
Check Here: Wear Gesture Launcher – Wear OS – Wear launcher
The WatchMaker is a huge watch faces application for smartwatches. It has more than 1,00,000 watch faces which you can customize yourself. Watch designer feature lets you design and create your watch faces with interesting design tools to apply to your watch.
With available tools, you can also create animations, effects, widgets, icons, etc.
- 1,00,000+ Watch Faces available (10,000 Free)
- Create your own watch faces
- Add custom animations and effects
- Add compass and stopwatch
- Set widgets like Step counter, Pedometer, Calender, etc.
- Weather Reports available
- Both circular and square watch faces available
- Low Battery Usage
Check Here: Watch Faces – WatchMaker 100,000 Faces
Best Entertainment Apps for Wear OS
Entertainment is essential for everyone to stay active and happy. We have curated some of the most popular entertainment apps for your smartwatch, which you can download and use directly on your wrist. These apps include music, podcasts, and more.
Spotify is one of the most popular music apps available on all platforms. It has thousands of songs, podcasts, and Spotify originals to search and play instantly.
Whether you are looking for classic 90’s songs or modern hip hops, you will get everything on Spotify. You can listen to your favorite songs free, and if you want to download any song or album offline, you can subscribe to Spotify premium.
- Free Music streaming
- Use shuffle mode for fun experience
- Stream radio stations and International songs
- Download songs and trendy music
- Create and share your own playlist
- Play and listen to Podcasts
Check Here: Spotify: Music and Podcasts
Wear Casts is a dedicated podcast app for Wear OS that has multiple functionalities. You can download any podcast and stream it offline anytime. You can also set automatic downloads for new episodes of any particular podcast series.
Add keywords in different podcasts, and those podcasts having these keywords will be auto-downloaded. It can also import podcasts from your phone using RSS feeds or OMPL file format.
- Download and Stream Podcasts offline
- Keywords download for different Podcasts
- Import Podcasts from phone
- Auto download new episodes
- Create custom playlists
Check Here: Wear Casts
Shazam is an interesting app that can identify any song, artist, lyrics, videos, and playlist. This app is very useful and can identify songs on Instagram, YouTube, or TikTok videos. It can also be used without an internet connection in offline conditions.
You can also enable Auto Shazam, which will keep finding the songs even when the app is closed. Shazam charts can also show you popular in your city or country.
- Discover artists, songs, videos and playlists for free
- Watch music videos from Apple Music or YouTube
- Identify music in Instagram, YouTube and TikTok
- Works offline
- Shazam Charts shows popular songs in country or city
- Open any song in Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube Music
Check Here: Shazam: Music Discovery
Best Utility Apps for Wear OS
These apps will let you use the full potential of a smartwatch, whether it is a messenger app or a map. Let’s look at some of the best utility apps for WearOS smartwatch in 2022.
Telegram is a popular messenger app with many cool features apart from connecting with people. It is a standalone app, so it syncs in real-time on all your devices. It has unlimited app storage, which does not require device storage for your entire chat history, including messages and media.
All your chats and messages are encrypted with 256-bit symmetric AES encryption. You can create up to 200,000 members group and share any file type (.DOCX, MP3, ZIP, etc.) up to 2 GB each.
- Simple, fast and instant messaging
- Real-time sync in all devices
- Send and receive unlimited media files
- All chats and media is 100% encrypted
- Simple and easy to use
- Bunch of productivity features
Check Here: Telegram
IFTTT is a really interesting app that does things like “If this then that.” Using it, you can set a particular action to be done in a particular situation. For instance, you can set it to send messages in Discord automatically when you post a video on YouTube.
Another example- you can set a function that will send you a notification if your smart cam detects activity. There are many similar functions available in the app, which you can try in the mobile app and the watch app.
- Over 700 popular services
- Use over 1,00,000 pre-built automations
- Use location to automatically enable services
- Connect and Integrate seamlessly
- Create a connected space between apps
Check Here: IFTTT – Automation & Workflow
Google Maps is the most used location tracking application provided by Google. This app supports over 220 countries and territories with hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map.
You can use it to navigate and get real-time traffic and public transport info in the app itself. You can also search and navigate in offline conditions. It also has an indoor maps feature that shows you all the ways in airports, stadiums, shopping centers, etc.
- Support over 220 countries and territories
- Real-time ETAs and traffic updates
- Real-time public transport info
- Automatic rerouting based on live traffic
- Millions of shops, restaurants, events on Google Maps
- Live route updates and offline tracking
Check Here: Google Maps
Samsung Internet Browser
Samsung internet browser is a clean yet feature-packed internet browser. It has a video assistant that helps to use the browser easily. It also has some useful features like dark mode, customized menu, and extensions such as translator.
You can also use Samsung Internet to watch YouTube on your WearOS watch.
- HTTPS Priority Connection
- Block tracking by invisible image
- Security features to protect privacy
- Smart anti-tracking feature
- Supports 3rd party apps for content blocking
- Clean and seamless UI
Check Here: Samsung Internet Browser
Bring is a shopping list app with many useful features making it so easy to use. You can create shopping lists in one tap by just clicking on recipes. There are different categories of recipes, including vegan recipes, healthy recipes, fitness recipes, and recipes for kids.
You can share your shopping list with others, and whenever someone gets any ingredient, it will update the list in real-time.
- Create shopping list in one tap
- Make your own shopping list or choose from templates
- Quantity Calculator for exact number of servings and ingredients
- Import recipes from web
- Add, description, quantities and photos in your list
- Manage shopping list with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
Check Here: Bring! Grocery Shopping List
Pulse SMS is an ad-free and free-to-use SMS app for all android devices, including Wear OS. The app syncs your messages across all your devices. You can send text messages, pictures, and voice messages on any device with an internet connection.
It has end-to-end encryption, which protects your message history, and no one can access your chats except you. It shows automated replies based on your contacts, keywords, and vacation/driving modes.
- Attractive design and fluid animations
- Suggest Smart Replies withing conversation
- PBKDF2 encryption key to protect your messages
- Automatic data backup in Pulse SMS account
- Dual SIM support
- Password protected text conversations
- Real-time sync in all devices
Check Here: Pulse SMS (Phone/Tablet/Web)
Uber is a well-known online cab service available across several countries. It is an easy-to-use app that uses location services to find a cab for you anywhere. It shows an estimated price for the ride according to the distance between the pickup and drop location.
You can also share your trip status with your family or friends, which allows them to track your cab location in real-time. Besides, you can also use the Emergency button if you do not feel safe and nearby authorities will receive your trip status.
- Shows estimated price of ride
- Share trip status with others
- Emergency button for your safety
- Tip and Rate your driver
- Find a ride anywhere around you
Check Here: Uber – Request a ride
Best Fitness Apps for Wear OS
The Fit Companion is a fitness app that extends the existing Google Fit app with additional features. It will remind you to walk with active hours and move reminders. You can check detailed health stats such as sleep data, heart rate data, and more.
Add weight loss goals and it will keep you notified with a weight management feature that supports body weight and body mass. It uses fitness data from your Google Fit account and syncs the same along with its data.
- Syncs with Google Fit data
- Detailed stats of health data
- Weight management for body fat and body mass
- Create sleep goals with sleep stages
- Monthly workout calender
- Active hours and move reminders
Check Here: Fit Companion
Wrapping Up– Wear OS Apps for 2022
These were some of the best Wear OS apps you can use to make your Android smartwatch more productive and useful in 2022. My personal favorite is Google Keep and Spotify. Anyways, which app do you like the most? Tell us in the comments.